Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection Details
Command & Conquer is a real-time strategy series started in 1995 by Westwood Studios and continued by EA Los Angeles, Victory Games, EA Phenomic and EA Redwood Studios. The original game was one of the first RTS titles, laying the foundation for the entire genre and implementing mechanics and solutions that still inspire modern developers today. Most titles in the series are available for the PC (Windows)
The Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection includes the following titles:
- Command & Conquer
- Command & Conquer: Covert Operations
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert – Counterstrike
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert Aftermath
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun – Firestorm
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert: Yuri’s Revenge
- Command & Conquer: Renegade
- Command & Conquer: Generals
- Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
- Command & Conquer 3: Kane’s Wrath
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising
- Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection
Command & Conquer – The first game in the series takes you to an alternate timeline where a meteorite containing a toxic substance called Tiberium crashes to Earth. Tiberium becomes a highly sought after resource that two playable factions fight over: Global Defense Initiative and Brotherhood of Nod. The addition of Covert Operations adds several single player missions.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert – Command & Conquer: Red Alert is a prequel to the first title and presents an alternate vision of events after World War I in which Albert Einstein travels back in time to prevent Adolf Hitler from starting World War II. However, the story takes an unexpected turn as Joseph Stalin rises to power after Hitler leaves office. The Counterstrike and The Aftermath expansion packs add many new units, missions, maps and new, larger map sizes.
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun – This is a continuation of events from the first Command & Conquer game. The leader of Nod, Kane, was presumed dead, but has been resurrected with his new Tiberium-enhanced army. GDI must once again ensure world peace. Meanwhile, another faction joins the conflict – the Forgotten Ones. The game features 3 new types of Tiberium and is based more on futuristic sci-fi technology. The addition of Firestorm centers around CABAL, a highly advanced artificial intelligence.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 – Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 continues the story from the first Red Alert game. The Soviets have been defeated, and the Allies have installed a puppet prime minister to keep the Soviet threat at bay. This plan failed, however, and the Soviets surprised the Allies with an invasion that they had been secretly preparing for a long time. Now the two superpowers are once again fighting for dominance. The add-on Yuri’s Revenge focuses on the character Yuri, the former head of the Soviet Psychic Corps. It includes 2 additional campaigns and the Yuri faction.
Command & Conquer: Renegade – Command & Conquer: Renegade is unique in that it is the only first-person shooter game in the entire franchise, as opposed to the RTS nature of the other titles. The player takes command of GDI commando Captain Nick “Havoc” Parker, who embarks on a series of dangerous missions in the final days of the First Tiberium War.
Command & Conquer: Generale – The action of the title takes place in the near future, where the terrorist organization Global Liberation Army opposes two world superpowers – the United States and the People’s Republic of China. Zero Hour adds 3 new campaigns to the game, one for each side of the conflict, as well as 3 new generals for each faction.
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars – The game is a continuation of events from C&C: Tiberian Sun – Firestorm. Brotherhood of Nod and Global Defense Initiative once again face each other in the war known as the Third Tiberium War. This time, however, the outcome of the war is not easy to predict as a mysterious extraterrestrial race joins the fray. The Kane’s Wrath add-on reintroduces the Nod leader, Kane, to the game. It also includes a bonus campaign, as well as additional sub-factions and a new game mode – the risky Global Conqur
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Intel P4 / 2000+ AMD Athlon (For Vista and Windows 7 – 2.2 GHz Intel P4 / 2200+ AMD Athlon)
- RAM: 1.0 GB for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- HARD DRIVE: minimum of 15GB (41GB minimum for all games installed)
- GRAPHICS CARD: DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA GeForce 4+ / ATI Radeon 8500 or better (Note: ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI, NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX cards are not supported.) For Vista and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) NVIDIA GeForce 6100+ / ATI Radeon 9500+ (Note: At the time of release, Windows Vista is not compatible with ATI-based video cards with Radeon 9250 chipsets and below, in addition to NVIDIA-based video cards with GeForce 5000 series chipsets and below. ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI and NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX cards not supported. By extension, the game is not compatible with these chipsets on Windows Vista machines.)
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c compatible Sound Card. (For Vista and Windows 7 Note: For Creative Sound Blaster Audigy cards running under Windows Vista, Intel P4 2.6 GHz CPU or equivalent, or multi-core CPU, required)
- ONLINE CONNECTION REQUIREMENTS: For Multiplayer games: 2 to 8 players with optional voice support, network or Internet connection required (Cable, DSL, or faster connection)
Please Note: There are issues with running this on Windows Vista/7 x64. These can be bypassed by using ‘Windows XP Mode’ or in most cases the settings the compatability to ‘Windows XP SP2’. If you need help setting either up, please contact our support team.